We Offer The Following Fundamental Courses
* Permanent Cosmetic Fundamentals (includes lips, eyeliner and essential brows)
* Brows only Fundamentals (includes powder brow (ombre) hairstroke brows, combo brows, microblading and corrections
* Scar Revision Fundamentals
Please be aware that not all states or counties require formal fundamental training or licensing, however those that do require a minimum of 100 basic hours and most insurance companies also require a basic fundamental course of 100 or more hours.
Microblading/Microstroking IS in fact tattooing and therefore practitioners are required to have tattoo license, tattoo permits for their business and tattoo insurance. 2-3 day microblading courses are advanced training and should not be taken without a basic fundamental course. Please consider this before being sold a course like this, as your state/county may prohibit you from practicing this technique and you may not be able to find an insurance company to insure you without basic fundamentals.
Fundamentals do not require any previous experience. You will be taught everything you need as a foundation for a career in Permanent Cosmetics.
The course is comprised of a minimum of 100 hours of instruction and practice including hands on practice modules and live models. Although it is not required, you are strongly urged to come to our clinic to observe procedures as often as possible-this is available to you for up to one year after training, however phone and email support is ongoing.
Manual, textbooks, and in class practice materials are provided to you. We do offer a beginner kit including machine, power supply, needles and pigments at an additional cost (see below)
For more information about the SPCP visit www.SPCP.org
The course takes place in NYC. You are required to obtain a NYC tattoo license (either 2 year, or 7 day temporary) prior to beginning a fundamentals course. For more info go to http://www.NYC.gov
- Introduction to Permanent Cosmetics
- Disinfection / Sterilization
- Clients/Medical Contraindications
- Basic Color Theory / Understanding Skin Tones/Pigment Selection
- Skin anatomy
- Machines and Manual Tattooing
- Understanding Needles
- Office set-up
- Client Documentation/Photos/Intake Forms
- Corrective Techniques
- Live models/Observed Practice
- (For Fundamentals 1 full day each: eyeliner, lips, brows-2 procedures each)
- (For Brows Only 1 full day each : powder, hairstroke/combo, microblading-2 procedures each)
- Insurance/Handling Disgruntled Customers
- Industry Ethics and Standards
- Business set-up/Social Media/Marketing
Fundamental Training: At least 100 hours including hands on modules, live model training and home study and practice modules. This course adheres to the SPCP fundamental requirements.
Please be aware some of the modules are completed online.
A fundamentals course is required for advanced technique classes including microblading.
You will receive:
All necessary tools and materials for class
All fundamentals courses include in class sessions, home practice sessions and online modules. All modules must be completed with proficiency to receive a certificate of completion.
Small Group Class
6-10 Students Max
Set class days
Flexible class days
*Please be aware that the cost includes all materials required for class but does not include student kits.
Add a starter kit
Power supply (Critical Atom)
Pigment Set (varies based on course) (Permablend)
Needles (Tatsoul Envy Cartridges)
Initial course modules are completed online, therefore you can start at any time!
We offer live classroom modules monthly, regardless of enrollment, so you can go at your own pace.
To get started, fill out the form below